Did you know that the cup of coffee you have every day is so much more than a wake-me-up? It’s true, study after study has proved that coffee has undeniable benefits from high levels of antioxidants to guarding you against several serious conditions. Keep reading to find out why a good cup of high-quality coffee should be of your everyday diet.
It Provides a Brain Boost. No doubt, most of us tend to reach for our coffee for its famous stimulant (caffeine). And though we typically attribute this substance to a boost of energy, what’s actually happening is: once the caffeine is absorbed into your bloodstream, it makes its way into your brain, blocking the inhibitory neurotransmitter adenosine.
By blocking adenosine, you fire up your neurons and increase the amount of norepinephrine and dopamine. Which, in turn, helps boost your brain function by improving memory, mood, cognitive function, and of course, energy levels.
It Supports Weight Loss. If you’ve ever looked at the ingredients in weight loss supplements, chances are you’ve probably noticed caffeine is found in almost every single one. Several studies have shown that not only does caffeine help you lose weight, but it also helps limit fat intake.
And caffeine doesn't just attribute to increased fat burning; it's also been proven to increase metabolic rate. With its adrenaline-boosting capabilities, coffee can help you meet your exercise goals, thus getting you closer to your weight loss goals.
Coffee Contains Essential Nutrients.
Caffeine provides a boost of several vitamins used for overall health.
- Riboflavin (B2), a vitamin used for overall health.It helps break down carbs, fats, and proteins, and produce energy.
- Pantothenic acid (B5), one of the most vital nutrients for human life.It also helps convert our food into energy.
- This vitamin helps contribute to decreased inflammation
- Magnesium, which helps regulate muscle and nerve function and blood sugar levels.
Now, before you go on replacing your multi-vitamins with an extra cup of coffee, there’s a small catch to these benefits. To get the most out of these nutrients, it’s best to stick to high-quality, freshly brewed coffee.
Although instant coffee has shown to keep some of the same benefits, there are too many variables that can affect its effects. To take the guesswork out of it, stick to a premium brand that handcrafts its beans to ensure high-quality, such as any of the best-selling Roast Up blends.
It Can Protect You from Several Diseases. Caffeine has proven to guard against many diseases, some of the most common ones being:
- Type 2 Diabetes. Coffee drinkers have shown to have a significantly reduced riskof type 2 diabetes. In fact, most studies show a reduced risk of 23-50%
- Alzheimer’s Disease. Although there is currently no cure for Alzheimer’s disease, studies have shown that coffee drinkers have up to a 65% lower riskof succumbing to the disease.
- Can help fight depression. An ever-growing list of studies about depression has proved that people that drink coffee have a 20% lower riskof becoming depressed—making a perfect addition to your mental health check-list.
And the list goes on. Coffee has a large list of health benefits that just keeps growing. Next time you sit down for a cup of coffee, you can rest easy knowing you’re hard at work on your health.